Barcodebody Inc. (hereinafter referred to as “Barcode”) recognizes its social responsibility to protect personal information, and has established and implemented the following policy in order to conduct its business activities in compliance with the laws and regulations concerning the protection of privacy and personal information entrusted to it through its website.
1. Definition of Personal InformationPersonal information means the following.
- Information that can identify a specific individual or that can be matched with other data to easily identify an individual.
- Attribute information and behavioral history that can be linked to a specific individual.
- Other personal information as defined in the Personal Information Protection Law.
2. Acquisition of Personal Information.
We will acquire personal information properly and without deception or other wrongful means.
3. Use of Personal Information.
- Sending e-mails and making phone calls in response to inquiries and job applications
- To conduct surveys and compile statistical data on the use of this site that does not identify personal information.
- Other uses based on the user’s consent
4. Safe Management of Personal Information.
We store and manage personal information collected from customers in strict confidence, and take reasonable security measures to prevent unauthorized access by third parties, leakage, loss, destruction, or falsification of personal information.
5. Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties.
We will not provide or disclose personal information collected from customers to any third party, except in the following cases.
- When a request for disclosure of personal information is made in accordance with laws and regulations
- When necessary to prevent serious damage to the life, health, or property of the customer or the general public
- When we have obtained the prior consent of the customer
6. Procedures for Disclosure, etc.
If you request disclosure, correction, suspension of use, or deletion of your personal information held by us, we will take the necessary action without delay, and only after we have confirmed that the request was made by you, we will take the necessary measures within a reasonable period of time.
Please note that when responding in writing, we may ask you to pay for the cost of postage by stamps for registered mail, etc.
8. Contact for inquiries regarding personal information.
36-1, Yoshida Honmachi, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto, Japan
Kyoto University International Science Innovation Building 104
In Venture Incubation Center